Co-Founder at Octiv Digital
Website Address: https://www.octivdigital.com
What services does your company provide?
SEO, Search Engine Marketing / Pay Per Click
About Octiv Digital:
Octiv Digital specializes in local and enterprise SEO strategy, paid advertising management, analytics and web development.
Who in the industry inspires you and why?
Gary Vaynerchuk is inspiring for his forward-thinking and hard working mindset, while also advising people to have a work / life balance.
What makes your company unique?
We have experience on both the agency side working with clients as well as on the advertiser side working with agencies. This experience allows us to understand common questions from business owners and apply the most effective, ROI-focused marketing strategies.
If you were to restart your marketing agency, what are the 2 most important positions you would hire for and why?
1) Administration – to handle business tasks like accounting, invoicing, paying our bills, etc.
2) Web Developer – we started the agency with me doing most of the web development work and it’s very time consuming.
How do you define success?
In search marketing, there are a lot of KPIs but the number one success metric is sustained growth.
What is one tip that you would give a CEO when it comes to marketing?
Understand how to define success for your brand and establish realistic goals. We worked with a company that wanted to compete with a national retailer, but on a substantially smaller budget.
What are your three favorite marketing software that you use and why?
1) SEMRush – for competitor research
2) Screaming Frog – for technical SEO audits
3) Google Data Studio – for compiling clean looking reports clients easily understand about their marketing efforts
Finish the sentence – When it comes to marketing in 5 years……
Everyone will need to adapt to digital and carve out a higher portion of their marketing budget for it.